Copaiba Essential Oil
Copaiba essential oil is made from the resin of copaiba trees native to South America. This resin has been used for medicinal purposes dating as far back as the 16th century in Brazil. This wonderful oil bears a pleasant woody and balsamic aroma making it a great base note fragrance.
Copaiba essential oil is beneficial for balancing mood and promoting feelings of calm. Additionally, a fair amount of research has been done to suggest that it is beneficial for skincare and powerful anti-inflammatory oil.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Acne- Combine 5 drops of copaiba oil with 1 tsp jojoba oil in the palm of your hand. Gently massage over troubled areas, avoiding eyes.
- Antimicrobial- In a spray bottle, add 10 drops of copaiba oil, 10 drops of lemon oil, 8 oz distilled water, and 8 oz vinegar. Shake and spray on surfaces. Leave for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
- Arthritis- Add 10 drops of copaiba oil to 1 oz preferred carrier oil. Massage over the affected area.
- Muscle aches- Add 10 drops of copaiba oil to 1 oz preferred carrier oil. Massage over the affected area.
- Respiratory- Add 5 drops copaiba and 5 drops eucalyptus to a cold air humidifier. Allo to run to relieve a cough and clean the air.
- Stress- Add 5 drops copaiba and 5 drops lavender oil to an air diffuser. Inhale the soothing scent as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Copaiba Oil
- Botanical Name: Copaifera Officinalis
- Origin: Brazil
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Resin
- Aroma: Warm, neutral
- Copaiba oil is a powerful antiseptic
- Anti-inflammatory activity of copaiba oil
- Copaiba oil resin may be neuroprotective
- Copaiba oil promotes antibacterial activity against microorganisms
- Copaiba is effective against acne
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with copaiba oil may be dangerous to cats and dogs.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.