Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus radiata is known by some as narrow-leaf peppermint and is native to south-eastern Australia. This leaf carries a fresh, clean, and unmistakable scent. Many of us identify with it as a remedy for a cold or cough, but its abilities stretch well beyond just that.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Acne- Combine 7 drops of eucalyptus oil 1 oz castor oil. Swab over skin twice per day. Store in a cool dark area.
- Coughing- Add 10 drops to a cold air humidifier. Allow running to clean the air and relieve the cough.
- Headache- Combine 2 drops of eucalyptus oil and 2 tsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. Massage into temples and the back of your neck.
- Joint & Muscle Pain- Combine 9 drops of eucalyptus oil and 1 oz carrier oil in a small dark bottle. Rub over sore joints or muscles. Add more eucalyptus if topically tolerated.
- Respiratory- Combine 8 drops of eucalyptus oil with 3 cups of steaming hot water. Drape a towel over your head and enclose it around the bowl. Breath the steam deeply. Keep your eyes closed. Repeat as needed.
- Skin Issues- Combine 1 Tbsp carrier oil with 4 drops of eucalyptus oil. Rub over troubled skin before bed or as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bay, Camphor, Cedarwood, Cypress, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Eucalyptus, Marjoram, Orange, Oregano, Peppermint, Pine, Roman chamomile, Rosemary, Spearmint, Tea tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Eucalyptus
- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus radiata
- Origin: South Africa
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Aroma: Fruity, Sweet, Camphoraceous
- Eucalyptus effective against headaches
- Eucalyptus is effective against skin bacteria and acne
- Eucalyptus reduces joint and muscle pain as well as blood pressure
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 10 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- If pregnant or nursing consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with eucalyptus oil is dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.