Clove Bud Essential Oil
Clove Essential Oil has been used over the years for its cleansing abilities and flavor. Not only are these beneficial uses for clove, but it also provides other important benefits such as being a powerful tool against inflammation. This spicy oil is both stimulating and energizing thus is excellent when used in a massage oil or in a diffuser.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Antimicrobial- In a spray bottle, add 10 drops to 8 oz distilled water, and 8 oz vinegar. Shake and spray on surfaces. Leave for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
- Arthritis- If the skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into joints. Add more clove if the skin is not sensitive.
- Asthma- Add 4 drops to a diffuser. Allow it to run 30 minutes per day as often as needed.
- Cold or Flu- Add 5 drops to a humidifier and allow to run through the day to clean the air and open airways.
- Cuts and scrapes- Combine 1/4 cup water with 3 drops of clove oil. Swab over cuts and scrapes for anti-microbial effects.
- Digestive problems- If the skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage in circular strokes into the abdomen after eating.
- Household cleaner- 1 gal. distilled water, 1/4 cup castile soap, 20 drops clove oil. Fill spray bottles and use them as needed.
- Insect repellant- If the skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into skin
- Mold remover- Combine 4 cups of distilled water with 10 drops of clove oil in a spray bottle. Spray on patches of mold. Leave for 15 minutes. Clean with a cloth. Spray once more with the mixture and leave it.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Peppermint, Pine Needle, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Clove Bud Oil
- Botanical Name: Eugenia caryophyllata
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Flower buds
- Aroma: Spicy, warm, woody, slightly floral
- Color: Pale yellow
- Clove oil beneficial for inflammation
- Antimicrobial power of clove
- Antiseptics properties
- Multiple benefits of clove
- Clove oil can irritate the skin. If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test on an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 10 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Consult a physician before use if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or taking blood thinners.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with clove oil is dangerous to cats and dogs.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.