- Essential Oil Singles
- Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
Cedarwood is one of the earliest essential oils cultivated for therapeutic use. Early Egyptians used it in cosmetics, as an insect repellant, and as part of their embalming practices. This beautiful cedar tree, from which cedarwood atlas comes, is native to Morocco and can live to be 2,000 years old if left untampered by humans.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anxiety-Add 5 drops to an air diffuser or 2 drops to a jewelry diffuser. Breathe deeply as needed.
- Cough & Cold- Add 10 drops to a cold air humidifier. Allow to run to clean the air and relieve the cough.
- Dandruff- Add 10 drops of cedarwood per 8 oz of shampoo. Use every few days
- Depression- Add 5 drops of cedarwood oil to an air diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- Eczema- Combine 6 drops cedarwood oil and 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Rub over effected area regularly.
- Insecticide- Combine 12 drops cedarwood, 1 tsp carrier oil, 4 oz distilled water in a small, dark, glass spray bottle. Mist over skin and clothing.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Aniseed, Basil, Bay, Bergamot, Cardamom, Carrot seed, Cinnamon, Citronella, Clary sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Neroli, Oregano, Patchouli, Pine, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Spruce, Vetiver
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Cedarwood Oil
- Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
- Origin: Morocco
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Wood
- Aroma: Warm, balsamic, woody
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe, however if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with cedarwood oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.