Cypress Essential Oil
10 mlCypress is an evergreen beauty that is iconic to the Mediterranean. Its refreshing pine scent is crisp and fresh making it an ideal aroma in colognes and personal care. This powerful essential oil is also effective in its ability to fight infections, improve the respiratory system, and relieve anxiety.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 8 drops to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into joint areas to potentially slow progression.
- Cuts and scrapes- antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Fill sink with warm water. Add oil to the water. Using washcloth, clean the wound.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Insect bites- In a spray bottle, add 8 drops cypress oil, 1 tsp carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water. Mist over body as needed.
- Muscle aches- Add 6 drops to 1 oz. of a carrier oil. Massage into sore muscles.
- Respiratory issues- Add 10 drops to a warm, steamy bath.
- Household cleaner- 1 gal. distilled water, 1/4 cup castile soap, 20 drops cypress oil. Fill spray bottles and use as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Citronella, Clary sage, Clove bud, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Sweet orange, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Cypress Oil
- Botanical Name: cupressus sempervirens
- Origin: Spain
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Wood, branches
- Aroma: Fresh, spicy-wood, sharp, pine-like
- Antimicrobial activity of cypress
- High antioxidant level of cypress
- Temporarily reduces anxiety while in use
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Avoid during pregnancy and lactation.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with cypress oil is dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.