Sweet Orange Essential Oil
Sweet orange has an unmistakably pleasant and energizing aroma. It is also known for its many health benefits including immune system support thanks to its purifying and stimulatory properties. It is also great as a natural cleaner and a room freshener. Diffusing sweet orange is sure to uplift and energize your entire household or workspace with its refreshing and renewing scent.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-bacterial- In a small spray bottle, add 10 drops of oil to 4 oz distilled water. Spray any signs of mold in the home.
- Anti-fungal- Mix 3 drops of orange oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Apply daily over affected area.
- Anxiety- Add 4 drops to an air diffuser or jewelry diffuser and breath the aroma as needed.
- Digestive issues- Mix 3 drops of orange oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage in a circular motion over lower abdomen after eating.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Immune support- Add to a bath blend according to the recipe below or air diffuse.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Bergamot, Black pepper, Cinnamon, Clary sage, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Peppermint, Pine, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Sweet Orange Oil
- Botanical Name: citrus aurantium dulcis
- Origin: North America
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Rind
- Aroma: Light, fresh, fruity, sweet
- Color: Pale orange to dark orange
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Orange is a photosensitive oil, avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after application.
- Safe for topical use on children over 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Considered safe if pregnant or nursing but you may want to consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
- Direct contact with orange oil may be dangerous to cats. Considered safe for dogs and horses.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.