Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon has such a beloved and beautiful scent. It is unmistakably uplifting and energizing. Lemon oil has a tremendous number of health benefits, thus is commonly found in nutrition supplements. Lemons grow happily and can get very large in warm, dry climates such as Israel and Italy.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-bacterial- In a glass spray bottle combine 15 drops of lemon oil, 4 oz distilled water, and 4 oz vinegar. Shake well and spray on surfaces. Allow sitting for 15 minutes.
- Anti-fungal- Mix 4 drops of lemon oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Apply daily over the affected area.
- Anxiety- Add 4 drops to an air diffuser or jewelry diffuser and breath the aroma as needed.
- Digestive issues- Mix 4 drops of lemon oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage in a circular motion over lower abdomen after eating.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to the air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Immune support- Add to a bath blend according to the recipe below or air diffuse.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Bay, Bergamot, Black pepper, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Ginger, Jasmine, Lime, Marjoram, Neroli, Peppermint, Pine Needle, Sage, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Tangerine, Tea Tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Lemon Oil
- Botanical Name: Citrus limonium
- Origin: Italy
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Peel
- Aroma: Citrus, sweet
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Yellow
- Antimicrobial benefits of lemon oil
- Reduced anxiety post-surgery
- Lemon oil and reduced stress, depression, and improved sleep
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test on an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Lemon is a photosensitive oil, avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after application.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe, however if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with lemon oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.