Frankincense Essential Oil
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, frankincense has extraordinary health benefits and can promote feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically and topically.
For centuries frankincense has been used for everything from perfume to skin soothing salves, and such uses continue even today.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Age spots- Combine 1 oz castor oil with 10 drops of frankincense. Gently swab over skin twice per day.
- Acid reflux- Add 4 drops to 1 tsp carrier oil. Rub over the throat, chest and stomach before bed.
- Arthritis- Add at least 10 drops to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into joint areas to potentially slow progression.
- Asthma- Add 4 drops to a diffuser. Allow it to run 30 minutes per day as often as needed.
- Cough- Add 3 drops with a preferred carrier oil. Rub on the chest.
- Cold or Flu- Add 5 drops to a humidifier and allow to run through the day.
- Skin inflammation- Combine 1 Tbsp carrier oil with 4 drops of frankincense. Rub over troubled skin before bed or as needed.
- Cuts and scrapes- antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Fill the sink with warm water. Add oil to the water. Using a washcloth, clean the wound.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to the air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Insect bites- In a spray bottle, add 10 drops frankincense oil, 10 drops carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water. Mist over the body as needed.
- Muscle aches- Add 10 drops to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into sore muscles.
- Respiratory issues- Add 10 drops to a warm, steamy bath.
- Household cleaner- 3/4 gal. distilled water, 1/4 cup castile soap, 20 drops frankincense oil. Fill spray bottles and use as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Bark, Clary sage, Clove bud, Cypress, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Pine Needle, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Frankincense Oil
- Botanical Name: Boswellia seratta
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Tree resin
- Aroma: Warm-balsamic, woody
- Color: Pale yellow
- Frankincense and asthma
- Boswellia serrata and Crohn's disease
- Broad range of therapeutic benefits
- Potential use against cancer
- Frankincense is one of the safer essential oils. However, the following ensures be best safety.
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Considered safe if pregnant or nursing, though you may want to consult a physician before use.
- Keep away from children.
- Considered safe for dogs and horses. Cat owners should always use caution when using essential oils.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.