Black Pepper Essential Oil
Black pepper essential oils is made through the steam distillation of the plants peppercorns. This oil is warm, stimulating, and earthy. Black pepper has been well researched and is known for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 10 drops to 1 oz of carrier oil. Rub into sore joints.
- Circulation- Combine 10 drops with 1-2 Tbsp shea butter. Massage into arms and legs.
- Colds & Flu- Add 10 drops to a cold air diffuser and allow to run to purify the air. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- Digestion- Add 4 drops black pepper oil to 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub over lower abdomen post meal.
- Exhaustion- Add 10 drops to an air diffuser and allow to run to promote perceived energy. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- Muscle Pain- Add 10 drops to 1 oz of coconut oil. Rub into aching muscles.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Bergamot, Cassia, Clary Sage, Clove, Coriander, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Nutmeg, Orange, Sage, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Ylang Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Black Pepper
- Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Peppercorns
- Aroma: Spicy, earthy
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to greenish yellow
- Anti-inflammatory and antiasthmatic properties
- Powerful antioxidant
- Therapeutic potential of black pepper
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- If pregnant or nursing consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with black pepper oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.