- Essential Oil Singles
- Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang-ylang is a beautiful yellow flower that grows on the Cananga tree and is native to India. It is grown sustainably in warm, tropical climates. Ylang-ylang is known for its rich, beautiful scent and is commonly used in perfumes. Additionally, this essential oil has tremendous mental and emotional health benefits that have been considerably researched such as improved self-esteem and feelings of harmony and balance.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anxiety- Add 10 drops to an aroma diffuser. Inhale deeply as needed. May be combined with complementary oils.
- Blood Pressure- Add 4 drops to a jewelry diffuser. Inhale when feeling tense.
- Depression- Make a bath blend as outlined below. Add to warm running water, sit back, and relax
- Dry Skin- Add 4 drops of ylang-ylang to 1 Tbsp jojoba oil. Rub over areas of dry skin.
- Libido- Combine 6 drops of ylang-ylang oil with 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage over the skin.
- Self-Esteem- Add 10 drops to an aroma diffuser or inhale directly from the bottle.
- Tension- Add 4 drops to a jewelry diffuser or 10 drops to an air diffuser inhale when feeling anxious or tense.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Allspice, Bay, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Chamomile, Grapefruit, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Nutmeg, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Ylang-Ylang Oil
- Botanical Name: Cananga odorata
- Origin: Madagascar
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Aroma: Floral, Sweet
- Consistency: Medium
- Color: Pale yellow
- Ylang-ylang has positive impact on self-esteem
- Ylang-ylang aroma decreases systolic and diastolic blood pressure
- Increased feelings of harmony with ylang-ylang inhalation
- Calming effects of ylang-ylang
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe, however if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with ylang-ylang oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.