Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass essential oil holds within it an outstanding number of health benefits that have been widely studied and verified by researchers. This stalky grass is filled with essential vitamins and minerals thus making it a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory oil, not to mention the tremendous other beneficial uses for it as listed below.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Deodorizer- Add 10 drops of lemongrass oil, 1/2 cup distilled water, and 1/4 cup witch hazel to a dark, glass spray bottle. Use as needed to freshen fabric, rooms, or your car.
- Digestion- Combine 3 drops of lemongrass oil and 1 tsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. In a circular motion, rub over your lower abdomen post-meal.
- Hair Health- Add 10-20 drops of lemongrass oil to every 8 ounces of regular shampoo
- Insect Repellant- Combine 12 drops of lemongrass oil, 1 tsp carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water to a small, dark spray bottle. Shake well before use. Mist over the body.
- Muscle Aches- Add 6 drops of lemongrass oil to 1 ounce of coconut oil. Massage into aching muscles. Add a few more drops of lemongrass oil if topically tolerated.
- Skin Health- Add 6 drops of lemongrass oil to 1 ounce of carrier oil. Use this on your face to promote glowing skin and reduce acne. Always perform a patch test before applying to the face.
- Stress- Add to jewelry or air diffuser. Inhale as needed to reduce anxiety.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Amyris, Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Coriander, Cypress, Fennel, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Marjoram, Orange, Rose, Rosemary, Tangerine, Thyme, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Lemongrass
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Grass
- Aroma: Fresh, lemon-like
- Lemongrass oil is a powerful anti-bacterial
- Lemongrass reduces blood cholesterol
- Powerful anti-oxidant activity of lemongrass essential oil
- Anti-inflammatory activity of lemongrass oil
- Lemongrass protects against ulcers
- Lemongrass is amongst the most powerful antibacterial essential oils
- Anti-fungal activity of lemongrass essential oil
- Lemongrass immediately reduces anxiety and tension
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 6 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally unless supervised by a physician or aromatherapist.
- Avoid if: You have estrogen-related cancer.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with lemongrass oil is dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
- *The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.