- Essential Oil Singles
- Basil Essential Oil
Basil Essential Oil
Basil is a member of the mint family and is commonly known as a simple kitchen staple. This perennial plant features an energizing herbal fragrance that is stimulating to both the mind and body. Like all essential oils, it contains antibacterial and antiviral properties making it useful during an illness.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Acne- Combine 1 tsp jojoba oil and 3 drops of basil oil in the palm of your hand. Gently massage over troubled areas, avoiding eyes. Do a patch test to ensure there is no sensitivity.
- Allergies-Add 3 drops of basil oil with a 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub onto the neck.
- Arthritis- Add 10 drops of basil oil to 1 oz preferred carrier oil. Massage over the affected area.
- Coughing- Add 3 drops of basil oil with 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub onto the chest.
- Hives- Gently apply basil oil directly to affected areas. Repeat every 3-4 hours.
- Insect Bites- Add 1 drop of basil and 1 drop of carrier oil to insect bites. Repeat every 2 hours.
- Migraine- Combine 3 drops of basil with 1 tsp carrier oil. Massage onto temples and back of the neck.
- Nausea- Inhale directly from the bottle or add to diffuser jewelry.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Black Pepper, Camphor, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Fennel, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Hyssop, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Mandarin, Manuka, Marjoram, Neroli, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, Spearmint, Tangerine, Tea Tree
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Basil Oil
- Botanical Name: ocimum basilicum
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Aroma: Fresh, light, spicy
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- If pregnant or nursing consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with basil oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.