Vetiver Essential Oil
10 mlVetiver is an essential oil that is very balancing for the body and mind. It is made through the steam distillation of tropical grasses. The scent of this root is earthy and herbaceous. This essential oil blends well with many other oils and is known to help alleviate emotional pain and anger, as well as aid with dry skin and physical aches and pains.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anger- Add 1-2 drops to a jewelry diffuser along with a complimentary oil. Slowly inhale as needed.
- Arthritis- Add 10 drops to 1 oz of carrier oil. Rub into sore joints.
- Exhaustion- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser along with 5 drops of an energizing complimentary oil such as bergamot. Run the diffuser in living or work area to promote perceived energy.
- Insomnia- Create a bath blend with 3 drops lavender, 3 drops clary sage, 2 drops vetiver, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Run blend under warm water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Muscle Aches- Add 6 drops vetiver to 1 oz. of a carrier oil. Massage into sore muscles.
- Stress- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser. Add 5 drops of soothing complimentary essential oil. Allow to run in living or work area.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Mandarin, Myrrh, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Spikenard, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Vetiver Oil
- Botanical Name: vetiveria zizanoide
- Origin: Haiti
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Root
- Aroma: Rich, Sweet, Heavy
- Antioxidant activity of vetiver oil
- Vetiver improves brain function and reduces symptoms of ADHD
- Vetiver essential oil may improve anxiety
- Vetiver is effective against termites
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Considered safe if pregnant or nursing, however consulting a physician is always a good recommendation.
- Keep away from children.
- Considered safe around dogs. Cat owners should always use caution when using essential oils.
- Do not let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Sixth Scents nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing, or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.