Geranium Essential Oil
Geraniums are a visually striking flower with a beautifully floral fragrance. The essential oils from geraniums are traditionally used to balance hormones and promote skin health.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Circulation- Combine 10 drops with 1-2 Tbsp shea butter. Massage into arms and legs.
- Lice- Combine 15 drops of geranium oil with 2 oz of olive oil. Apply the mixture to the scalp. Leave in overnight. Shampoo, Rinse, and repeat.
- PMS- Blend together 4 drops of geranium oil with 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. Massage in circular motions over abdomen in the days leading up to menstruation.
- Ringworms- In the palm of your hand combine 2 drops geranium oil with 2 drops carrier oil. Apply directly to the affected area. May be used neat if skin is tolerant.
- Skin Problems- Combine 4 drops juniper oil with 1/2 Tbsp jojoba oil. Rub over troubled skin infections such as eczema or acne. It is even effective agains facial aging.
- Stress- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser along with complimentary oils if desired.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Allspice, Basil, Bay, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Carrot Seed, Cassia, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Coriander, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, German Chamomile, Ginger, Grapefruit, Hyssop, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Mandarin, Myrrh, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Patchouli, Peppermint, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Tea Tree, Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Geranium Oil
- Botanical Name: pelargonium graveolens
- Origin: Egypt
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Flower
- Aroma: Rose-like, green, floral
- Geranium is beneficial agains bacteria, fungal infection, and diabetes
- Geranium oil massage decreases symptoms of PMS
- Effective against head lice
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- If pregnant or nursing consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with geranium oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.