- Essential Oil Singles
- Black Spruce Essential Oil
Black Spruce Essential Oil
This crisp, fresh Black Spruce oil produces a powerful essential oil that is beneficial for purifying, refreshing and stimulating surroundings. In addition to being a natural cleanser, it's also believed to uplift the mind and emotional wellness.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 8 drops to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into joint areas to potentially slow progression.
- Cuts and scrapes- antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Fill the sink with warm water. Add oil to the water. Using a washcloth, clean the wound.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to the air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Insect bites- In a spray bottle, add 8 drops of Black Spruce needle oil, 1 tsp carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water. Mist over the body as needed.
- Muscle aches- Add 6 drops to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into sore muscles.
- Respiratory issues- Add 10 drops to a warm, steamy bath.
- Household cleaner- 1 gal. distilled water, 1/4 cup Castile soap, 20 drops Black Spruce oil. Fill spray bottles and use as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, and 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove bud, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Sweet Orange, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Black Spruce Oil
- Botanical Name: Picea mariana
- Origin: Canada
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Pine needles
- Aroma: Forest green and pine-like.
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test on an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Considered safe while pregnant or nursing, but consider consulting a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with fir needle oil is dangerous to cats and dogs.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.