Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary Sage has long been used as a medicinal herb, particularly for the use of hormonal balance in women. It is even touted to improve cramping, heavy menstruation, and hot flashes. However, its researched benefits don't stop there. Clary sage has also been shown to increase circulation, aid digestion, and improve sleep.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Antimicrobial- In a spray bottle combine 8 oz distilled water, 8 oz white vinegar, and 18 drops of clary sage oil. Use as a cleaning agent around home or office.
- Depression- Add 8 drops to 1 Tbsp carrier oil, and 4 oz Epsom salts. Allow mixture to run under warm water. Sit back and soothe.
- Eczema- Combine 6 drops of clary sage oil and 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Rub over affected area regularly.
- Memory- Add 10 drops to an air diffuser or inhale directly from the bottle.
- Menopausal Symptoms- Combine 6 drops of clary sage oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub over feet and back of neck to help reduce hot flashes.
- Menstrual Problems- Blend together 4 drops of clary sage oil with 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. Massage over the abdomen in the days leading up to menstruation.
- Wounds- Combine 1/4 cup water with 6 drops of clary sage oil. Swab over cuts and scrapes for anti-microbial effects.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bay, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Lime, Mandarin, Patchouli, Pine, Rose, Sandalwood, Tea Tree
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Clary Sage Oil
- Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea
- Origin: Russia
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Herb
- Aroma: Sweet, fruity, herbaceous
- Anti-microbial activity of clary sage
- Anti-inflammatory effect of clary sage
- Clary sage blend can improve sleep
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- Considered safe, however, if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with sage oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.