Citronella Essential Oil
Citronella oil's fresh and invigorating scent is both stimulating, pleasant, and useful. The aroma of this oil is enough to boost the mood and perceived energy, not to mention keep the bugs at a safe distance. When applied to the skin it is useful against rashes, stings, and infections.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-fungal- For skin infections such as athlete's foot, ringworm, or nail fungus, add 2 drops of citronella oil to 1 tsp coconut oil. Rub over the area as needed.
- Deodorizer- Add 10 drops citronella oil, 1/2 cup distilled water, and 1/4 cup witch hazel to a dark, glass spray bottle. Use as needed to freshen fabric, rooms, or your car.
- Energy-Add to jewelry or air diffuser. Inhale as needed to reduce anxiety.
- Insect Repellant- Combine 12 drops citronella oil, 1 tsp carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water to a small, dark spray bottle. Shake well before use. Mist over the body.
- Lice- Add 10 drops of citronella per 8 oz of shampoo. Use every few days as a prevention. Do not get into eyes.
- Mood- Add 10 drops of citronella to an air diffuser. Allow to run for 30-60 minutes throughout the day to boost mood.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Nutmeg, Orange
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Citronella Oil
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon winterianus
- Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Grass
- Aroma: sweet, grassy, lemony
- Citronella used as part of an anti-fungal treatment
- Anti-fungal and antibacterial ability of citronella
- Citronella is effective against head lice
- Citronella as an effective mosquito repellent
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- Not recommended if pregnant
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with citronella oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.