Rosemary Essential Oil
Native to the Mediterranean, Rosemary now grows sustainably in many regions including England, the USA, and Africa, namely Morocco. This energizing evergreen has such a distinct, sharp, and pleasant aroma and was commonly used by ancient peoples for a variety of purposes. The Greeks used Rosemary while studying as it was believed to improve memory, and was also commonly used throughout the Mediterranean, for culinary purposes, while Egyptians used the plant for incense, amongst many other uses that span throughout history for both practicality and superstitions.
We now know rosemary and its essential oil to be a powerful antibacterial, anti-microbial and anti-oxidant, amongst other research that also verify its benefits that aid, stress reduction, memory, joint pain, and many other uses.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Antibacterial- In a spray bottle, add 20 drops of marjoram to 8 oz distilled water, and 8 oz vinegar. Shake and spray on surfaces. Leave for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
- Hair Growth- Add 20 drops of rosemary essential oil to every 8 oz of your regular shampoo. Use as you regularly would.
- Memory- Add 5-10 drops to an air diffuser or inhale directly from the bottle or diffuser jewelry to promote focus and memory.
- Muscle & Joint Pain- Combine 4 drops of rosemary oil with 1 tsp of carrier oil and rub on sore muscles and joints to decrease inflammation.
- Respiratory- Add 5 drops to a cold air humidifier to relieve the respiratory system and clean the air. Consider adding peppermint for added benefit.
- Stress- Add 5-10 drops to an air diffuser or inhale directly from the bottle or diffuser jewelry.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil. About 4 drops per 1 tsp carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Camphor, Cassia, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Citronella, Clary Sage, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Fir, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Hyssop, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Lime, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Oregano, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Pine, Sage, Spearmint, Tea Tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Rosemary Oil
- Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
- Origin: Morocco
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Herb
- Aroma: Fresh, woody, herbal
- Rosemary oil is effective in the treatment of alopecia
- Rosemary oil improves hair growth
- Improved alertness and memory with rosemary essential oil.
- Rosemary reduces cortisol
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 10 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Dangerous to cats.
- Avoid if pregnant, have epilepsy, or have hypertension. For other health concerns, consult a physician or certified aromatherapist.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.