Allspice Essential Oil
The name, allspice, was coined in the early 1600's due to its flavor and scent that was reminiscent of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove all wrapped up into one beautiful bundle.
Allspice is such an exciting scent that can be both stimulating or cozy and warm. Not many essential oils can tout that kind of flexibility.
This 100% pure essential oil also has many useful benefits when considering health and home. These include being great for cleaning and disinfectant, beneficial for wounds as an antiseptic, helpful for joint pain, respiratory relief, and nausea or digestive discomfort.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-fungal- For skin infections such as athletes foot, ringworm, or nail fungus, add 2 drops of allspice oil to 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Antiseptic- Combine 8 drops allspice oil, 2 oz distilled water, and 1 oz white vinegar in a small, dark spray bottle. Shake well before each use. Kill pathogens by spraying on affected area.
- Cold & Cough- Add 4 drops to a diffuser and allow to run as needed. Alternatively add a few drops to diffuser jewelry and inhale throughout the day.
- Digestive issues- Add 2 drops allspice oil to 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub over lower abdomen post meal.
- Pain- Add 6 drops to 1 Tbsp. of carrier oil. Massage into joints or muscles where pain is present.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove Bud, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Pine, Rosemary, Sweet Orange, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Allspice Oil
- Botanical Name: Pimenta dioica
- Origin: Jamaica
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Berries
- Aroma: Warm, clove-like, spicy
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 6 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Consult your physician before using if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
- Direct contact with allspice oil is dangerous to cats.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.