Juniper Berry Essential Oil
Juniper trees can be found around just about every corner. These fragrant evergreens have been used for centuries and into ancient civilization for herbal and spiritual purposes. Today, we understand their value and benefit against skin conditions and muscle pain in addition to many others.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 10 drops of juniper oil to 1 oz preferred carrier oil. Massage over the affected area.
- Menstrual Problems- Blend together 4 drops of juniper oil with 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. Massage over the abdomen in the days leading up to menstruation.
- Muscle Pain- Add 10 drops to 1 oz of coconut oil. Rub into aching muscles. Use as needed.
- Skin Problems- Combine 4 drops of juniper oil with 1/2 Tbsp jojoba oil. Rub over troubled skin infections such as eczema or acne. It is even effective against facial aging.
- Stress- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser along with complimentary oils if desired.
- Wounds- Combine 1/4 cup water with 6 drops of juniper oil. Swab over cuts and scrapes for anti-microbial effects.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bay, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Eucalyptus, Mandarin, Marjoram, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Peppermint, Pine, Rosemary, Tangerine, Tea Tree.
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Juniper Berry Oil
- Botanical Name: Juniperus communis
- Origin: Austria
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Berries
- Aroma: Fresh, piney, fruity
- Juniper is an effective alternative treatment for arthritis
- Antioxidant properties of juniper
- Overview of Juniper berry essential oil benefits
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- If pregnant or nursing consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with juniper berry oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.