- Essential Oil Singles
- Spearmint Essential Oil
Spearmint Essential Oil
Spearmint has a sweet and refreshing aroma making it a very uplifting herb. Additionally, it has powerful properties that make it ideal for supporting oral hygiene, respiratory infections, nausea, and a host of other benefits that you can read about below.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 5 drops of spearmint oil to 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage over joints.
- Insect sting- Add 1 drop of undiluted spearmint oil to a sting. Be sure to wash your hands after touching the oil.
- Depression- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser and allow to run as needed. Alternatively, add a few drops to diffuser jewelry and inhale throughout the day.
- Digestive issues- Add 5 drops of spearmint oil to 1/2 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub over lower abdomen post-meal.
- Fatigue- Add 5 drops to a diffuser and allow to run near workspace for improved energy.
- Migraine- Combine 2 drops of spearmint with 1/2 tsp carrier oil. Massage onto temples and back of the neck.
- Muscle pain- Combine 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, and 4 oz Epsom salts in a bowl. Then, add this mixture to running water.
- Nausea- Inhale from the bottle or diffuser jewelry when feeling nauseous.
- Asthma or Respiratory illness- In a glass bowl, add 6 drops of spearmint essential oil to 3 cups of hot water. Drape a towel over your head and enclose it around the bowl. Breathe the steam deeply. Keep your eyes closed. Repeat as desired.
- Stress- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser and allow to run 60 minutes at a time throughout the day. Add complimentary oils if desired.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove bud, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Peppermint, Pine, Rosemary, Sweet Orange,
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Spearmint Oil
- Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Flowering plant
- Aroma: Minty, spicy, sweet
- Spearmint improves memory
- Spearmint reduces nausea and vomiting
- Antioxidant and antimicrobial effects of spearmint
- Anticancer agents within spearmint
- Spearmint lowers the occurrence of hirsutism
- Spearmint may improve symptoms of anxiety
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test on an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Generally considered safe, however, if pregnant or nursing seeking physician consent is advised.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
- Considered safe around dogs. Direct contact with spearmint oil is dangerous to cats.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.