- Essential Oil Singles
- Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil is frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for its powerful properties that support oral hygiene. It can also help alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function. It is also a natural insect repellant and can also help alleviate itching from mild bug bites. Peppermint is certainly an important and multifunctional essential oil.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 2 drops of peppermint oil to 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage over joints. Add a few more drops of peppermint oil if tolerated.
- Insect sting- Add 1 drop of undiluted peppermint oil to the sting. Be sure to wash your hands after touching the oil.
- Depression- Add 4 drops to a diffuser and allow to run as needed. Alternatively, add a few drops to diffuser jewelry and inhale throughout the day.
- Digestive issues- Add 2 drops of peppermint oil to 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub over lower abdomen post-meal.
- Fatigue- Add 4 drops to a diffuser and allow to run near workspace for improved energy.
- Migraine- Combine 1 drop of peppermint with 2 tsp carrier oil. Massage onto temples and back of the neck.
- Muscle pain- Combine 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, and 4 oz Epsom salts in a bowl. Then, add this mixture to running water.
- Nausea- Inhale from the bottle or diffuser jewelry when feeling nauseous.
- Asthma or Respiratory illness- In a glass bowl, add 3 drops to 3 cups of hot water. Drape the towel over your head and enclose it around the bowl. Breath the steam deeply. Keep your eyes closed. Repeat as desired.
- Stress- Add 4 drops to a diffuser and allow to run 60 minutes at a time throughout the day.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Black pepper, Cinnamon, Clove bud, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Pine, Rosemary, Sweet orange, Tea tree
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Peppermint Oil
- Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Aroma: Minty, fresh, herbaceous
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Respiratory clarity
- Natural pesticide
- Digestive aid
- Decreased pain and depression
- Relieve physical fatigue
- Reduced nausea
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 7 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Consult your physician before using if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
- Direct contact with peppermint oil is dangerous to cats.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.