Grapefruit Essential Oil
The scent of grapefruit extends well beyond refreshing and inevitably boosts the mood and senses. Its stimulating scent promotes feelings of happiness and positivity. In addition to its aromatic emotional benefits, it is also useful for skin, hair, circulation, and anti-microbial application just to name a few.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Antimicrobial- In a spray bottle combine 8 oz distilled water, 8 oz white vinegar, and 18 drops grapefruit oil. Use as a cleaning agent around home or office.
- Circulation- Combine 10 drops grapefruit with 1 Tbsp shea butter. Massage into arms and legs.
- Depression- Add 4 drops to a diffuser and allow to run as needed. Alternatively, add a few drops to diffuser jewelry and inhale throughout the day.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Stress- Add 4 drops to a diffuser and allow to run as needed. Alternatively, add a few drops to diffuser jewelry and inhale throughout the day.
- Weight management- Combine 3 drops of grapefruit oil with 1 tsp jojoba oil in the palm of your hand. Massage into chest and wrists before your largest meal.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Bergamot, Birch, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Citronella, Clary Sage, Coriander, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Orange, Peppermint, Pine, Sage, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Thyme, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Grapefruit Oil
- Botanical Name: Citrus paradisi
- Origin: Mexico
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Rind
- Aroma: Fresh, citrus, bright
- The scent of grapefruit helps reduce weight gain
- Grapefruit oil decreases appetite in rats
- Grapefruit has age-protecting effects
- Grapefruit and other citrus scents promote feelings of calm
- Anti-inflammatory effects of grapefruit oil
- Grapefruit improves insulin resistance
- Grapefruit has antibacterial properties
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Grapefruit is a photosensitive oil, avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after application.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe, however if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with grapefruit oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.