Ho Wood Essential Oil
Ho Wood has a pleasantly sweet woodsy scent and is an excellent addition to any essential oil collection. The aroma of this steam distilled bark bears a resemblance to rosewood essential oil. Diffuse this oil when you are seeking grounding, peace, and relaxation.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Acne- Combine 7 drops ho wood essential oil 1 oz castor oil. Swab over skin twice per day. Store in a cool dark area.
- Anxiety- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser. Add 5 drops of a complimentary oil. Allow diffuser to run in living or workspace to help reduce anxiety
- Colds & Flu- Add 10 drops to a cold air humidifier. Allow to run to clean the air and relieve symptoms.
- Cuts & Scrapes- Add 6 drops ho wood oil and 1/4 cup distilled water to a small dark spray bottle. Mist over cuts and scrapes for antimicrobial action.
- Eczema- Combine 5 drops ho wood oil and 1 Tbsp coconut oil in the palm of your hand. Massage over the affected area. Add more ho wood to the blend if the skin is tolerant.
- Menstrual Cramping- combine 4 drops ho wood oil and 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil in the palm of your hand. Massage into the abdomen in the days leading up to menstruation.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Basil, Cedarwood Atlas, German Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Ho Wood Oil
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum camphora
- Origin: China
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Bark
- Aroma: Woody and floral
- Effective pest deterrent
- Antifungal activity of cinnamomum camphora
- Anti-inflammatory effects of ho wood
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Considered safe if pregnant or nursing, however consulting a physician is always a good recommendation.
- Keep away from children.
- Considered safe around dogs. Cat owners should always use caution when using essential oils.
- Do not let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Neither Sixth Scents nor its products are intended for the purpose of diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.