Ravensara Essential Oil
Ravensara is invigorating and known for its slightly spicy and subtle floral aroma. This essential oil is beneficial for its ability to clean the air and promote feelings of wellbeing. Use it to aid with skin infections, respiratory, the common cold, aches and pains, and fatigue.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Acne- Combine 7 drops of Ravensara oil and 1 oz of castor oil. Swab over skin twice per day. Store in a cool dark area.
- Coughing- Add 10 drops to a cold air humidifier. Allow it to clean the air and relieve the cough.
- Headache- Combine 2 drops of Ravensara oil and 2 tsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. Massage into temples and the back of your neck.
- Joint & Muscle Pain- Combine 9 drops of Ravensara oil and 1 oz carrier oil in a small dark bottle. Rub over sore joints or muscles. Add more Ravensara if topically tolerated.
- Respiratory- Combine 8 drops of Ravensara oil with 3 cups of steaming hot water. Drape a towel over your head and enclose it around the bowl. Breathe the steam deeply. Keep your eyes closed. Repeat as needed.
- Skin Issues- Combine 1 Tbsp carrier oil with 4 drops of Ravensara oil. Rub over troubled skin before bed or as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Camphor, Cedarwood, Cypress, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemon Eucalyptus, Marjoram, Orange, Oregano, Peppermint, Pine, Roman chamomile, Rosemary, Spearmint, Tea tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Ravensara
- Botanical Name: Ravensara aromatica
- Origin: Madagascar
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Aroma: Fresh, earthy, sweet/spicy
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 10 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- If pregnant or nursing consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with Ravensara oil is dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.