Palmarosa Essential Oil
Palmarosa essential oil has a wonderfully sweet earthy scent and a tremendous number of benefits which include being an effective anti-fungal, insecticide, and mood booster. It is also great for the skin as it balances the production of oils making it a perfect addition to any facial blend.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Acne- Combine 1 tsp jojoba oil and 2 drops palmarosa oil in the palm of your hand. Gently massage over troubled areas, avoiding eyes. Do a patch test to ensure there is no sensitivity.
- Anxiety- Add 10 drops palmarosa oil to an aroma diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired. Allow to run throughout the day.
- Depression- Add to a bath blend as instructed below. Lay back and relax in the warm bath. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- Antibacterial- In a spray bottle, add 20 drops of palmarosa to 8 oz distilled water, and 8 oz vinegar. Shake and spray on surfaces. Leave for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
- Eczema and dry skin- Combine 4 drops palmarosa oil with 1/2 Tbsp jojoba oil. Rub over dry skin.
- Exhaustion- Add 10 drops to an air diffuser and allow to run to promote perceived energy. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- Joint pain- Add 10 drops to 1 oz of coconut oil. Rub into aching muscles. Use as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood Atlas, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Lemongrass, Lemon, Mandarin, Sweet Orange, Pine, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Palmarosa Oil
- Botanical Name: Cymbopogon martinii
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Grass
- Aroma: Sweet, floral, rose, lemony
- Palmarosa oil is effective against acne
- Antibacterial effectiveness of palmarosa oil
- Palmarosa oil as an herbicide
- Neuroprotective potential of palmarosa
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe if pregnant or nursing, however you might consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with palmarosa oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.