Pine Needle Essential Oil
This crisp, fresh oil is produced from the pine's twigs and buds. The needles of this tree produce a powerful essential oil that is beneficial for purifying, refreshing, and stimulating our surroundings and ourselves. In addition to being a natural cleanser, it also is believed to uplift the mind and emotional wellness. It is the perfect addition to a wintery collection.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 8 drops to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into joint areas to potentially slow progression.
- Cuts and scrapes- antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Fill sink with warm water. Add oil to the water. Using washcloth, clean the wound.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Insect bites- In a spray bottle, add 8 drops pine oil, 1 tsp carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water. Mist over body as needed.
- Muscle aches- Add 6 drops to 1 oz. of a carrier oil. Massage into sore muscles.
- Respiratory issues- Add 10 drops to a warm, steamy bath.
- Household cleaner- 1 gal. distilled water, 1/4 cup castile soap, 20 drops pine oil. Fill spray bottles and use as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Citronella, Clary sage, Clove bud, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sage, Sweet orange, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Pine Needle Oil
- Botanical Name: Pinus sylvestris
- Origin: Austria
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Pine needles
- Aroma: Forest green and resinous scent.
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Pale yellow
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Considered safe while pregnant or nursing, but consider consulting a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with pine oil is dangerous to cats and dogs.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.