Camphor Essential Oil
Camphor essential oil is steam distilled from the wood of camphor trees. This oil has a strong odor and is powerful against many ailments including but not limited to itching, pain relief, respiratory infections, bacteria, fungus and inflammation.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Combine 10 drops camphor oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage over aching joints.
- Cold & Cough- Add 10 drops to a cold air humidifier. Allow to run to clean the air and relieve the cough.
- Hair Loss- Add 12 drops of camphor essential oil to every 8 oz of regular shampoo. Use as you regularly would.
- Head Lice- Add 8 drops of camphor per 8 oz of shampoo. Use every few days as a prevention. Do not get into eyes.
- Itching- Combine 5 drops camphor oil with 2 tsp coconut oil. Massage over affected areas.
- Nail Fungus- Add 3 drops of camphor oil to 1 tsp coconut oil. Apply to affected area.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 5 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Allspice, Basil, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Nutmeg, Orange, Oregano, Rosemary
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Camphor
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum camphora
- Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Wood
- Aroma: Camphoraceous
- Anti-inflammatory effects of camphor essential oil
- Camphor is effective against nail fungus
- Camphor essential oil is effective against itching
- Insect repellent properties of camphor
- Camphor is an effective anti-inflammatory
- Camphor may promote hair growth
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 6 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally unless supervised by a physician or aromatherapist.
- Avoid if: You are pregnant, nursing, have endometriosis, or an estrogen-related cancer. Consult a healthcare practitioner or aromatherapist before topical use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with camphor oil is dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.