Lime Essential Oil
10 mlLimes give off such an uplifting and face-puckering scent. The essential oil of this fruit comes from the peel through means of cold press. Add it to any diffuser to pretty much guarantee a brighter day.
Limes played an important role in history when they were one of the citrus fruits used to help prevent scurvy amongst British sailors, thus earning these naval men the nickname "limey". This citrus fruit, as well as lemons, were a total cure to the lack of vitamin C on long journeys at sea.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-bacterial- In a small spray bottle, add 10 drops of oil to 4 oz distilled water. Spray any signs of mold in the home.
- Anti-fungal- Mix 3 drops of lime oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Apply daily over affected area.
- Anxiety- Add 10 drops to an air or jewelry diffuser and breath the aroma as needed.
- Digestive issues- Mix 5 drops of lime oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage in a circular motion over lower abdomen after eating.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Immune support- Add to a bath blend according to the recipe below or air diffuse.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Black Pepper, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lime, Marjoram, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Peppermint, Sage, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Thyme, Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Lime Oil
- Botanical Name: citrus aurantifolia
- Origin: Mexico
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Rind
- Aroma: Lime, strong, citrus
Certificate of Analysis
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Lime is a photosensitive oil, avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after application.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe, however if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with lime oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.