Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Carrot seed essential oil is extracted from the seed of the daucus carota plant. Its warm, earthy aroma is soothing and blends well with several complimentary oils. When added to a carrier oil, carrot seed essential oil has antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that make it beneficial to the skin and respiratory system.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-microbial- In a glass spray bottle combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup distilled water and 20 drops of carrot seed oil. Allow to sit on surfaces 15 minutes before wiping away. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- Cuts & Scrapes- Combine 6 drops carrot seed oil and 1/4 cup distilled water in a small dark spray bottle. Mist over cuts and scrapes for antimicrobial action.
- Respiratory- Add 10 drops to a cold air humidifier. Allow to run to clean the air and relieve the symptoms. Alternatively, inhale directly from the bottle.
- Skin Issues- Combine 1 Tbsp carrier oil with 4 drops of carrot seed oil. Rub over troubled areas as needed.
- Stress- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser along with complimentary oils or inhale directly from the bottle.
- Tumors (see research below)- If tolerated by skin via patch test, apply 2 drops of carrot seed oil to affected area neat (without dilution). If skin is particularly sensitive, you may dilute with a carrier oil. This is of course an alternative treatment, always consult a healthcare practitioner when confronted with a tumorous growth as well.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Nutmeg, Orange
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Carrot Seed Oil
- Botanical Name: Daucus carota
- Origin: Austria
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Aroma: Earthy and sweet
- Anti-fungal activity of carrot seed essential oil
- Anti-microbial activity of carrot seed and other oils
- Carrot seed oil may induce death of specific leukemia cells
- Anti-oxidant and anti-cancer effects of carrot seed oil
- Reduces tumor growth when applied topically
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Not recommended if pregnant
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with carrot seed oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.