Amyris Essential Oil
Amyris is derived from the Greek word amyron which means "intensely scented". The aroma of this essential oil is very soft, woody, and warm. Because of its smokey and grounding scent, it is often used as an element in perfumes and in soaps.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Antiseptic- Combine 8 drops amyris oil, 2 oz distilled water, and 1 oz white vinegar in a small, dark spray bottle. Shake well before each use. Kill pathogens by spraying on the affected area.
- Bronchitis- Add 10 drops to a cold air humidifier. Allow to run to clean the air and relieve the symptoms.
- Depression- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser along with complimentary oils or inhale directly from the bottle.
- Inflammation- Combine 1 Tbsp carrier oil with 4 drops of amyris. Massage over muscles or areas where inflammation is present.
- Stress- Add 5 drops to an air diffuser along with complimentary oils or inhale directly from the bottle.
- Tension- Combine 1 Tbsp carrier oil with 4 drops of amyris. Massage over muscles or areas where inflammation is present.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Geranium, Ginger, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Nutmeg, Orange
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Amyris Oil
- Botanical Name: Amyris balsamifera
- Origin: Haiti
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Wood
- Aroma: Gentle, woody, vanilla undertone
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctors care, consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with amyris oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.