Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli has a distinct fragrance that is deep, earthy, and musky. This plant has been used for centuries, most notably as a perfume and as an insect and bug repellant. 10 gallons of this "liquid gold" was even found buried in King Tut's tomb! This wonderful oil is still used today for similar uses in both aromatherapy and natural remedies for health and home.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Acne- Combine 1 tsp jojoba oil and 2 drops of patchouli oil in the palm of your hand. Gently massage over troubled areas, avoiding eyes. Do a patch test to ensure there is no sensitivity.
- Anxiety- Add 5 drops of patchouli oil to an aroma diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired. Allow it to run throughout the day
- Depression- Add to a bath blend as instructed below. Lay back and relax in the warm bath. Add complimentary oils if desired
- Infection- For skin infections such as athlete's foot, ringworm, or nail fungus, add 2 drops of patchouli oil to 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Insect Bites- 1 drop patchouli oil with 1 drop of carrier oil. Add to insect bites. Repeat every 2 hours.
- Wounds- Fill the sink with warm water. Add oil to the water. Using a washcloth, clean the wound.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Allspice, Bay, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Clove, Coriander, Frankincense, Geranium, German Chamomile, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemongrass, Mandarin, Myrrh, Neroli, Orange, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Vetiver, Ylang-Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Patchouli Oil
- Botanical Name: Pogostemon patchoul
- Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Shrub
- Aroma: Earthy, warm
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- Considered safe if pregnant or nursing, however, you might consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with patchouli oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.