Tangerine Essential Oil
The scent of this incredible citrus is purely tantalizing. Tangerines are native to Asia and were often used in Chinese medicine for a range of ailments from sexual impotence, hormonal imbalance, gastrointestinal problems, and many others.
Tangerine essential oil is beneficial for skin ailments such as acne and even scarring. Due to its high vitamin C content, it is helpful for boosting the immune system as well as reducing inflammation thanks to its natural antioxidants. The scent of tangerine is incredibly uplifting, thus beneficial in warding off mild anxiety and depression.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-bacterial- In a small spray bottle, add 10 drops of oil to 4 oz distilled water. Spray any signs of mold in the home.
- Anti-fungal- Mix 3 drops of tangerine oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Apply daily over the affected area.
- Anxiety- Add 10 drops to an air or jewelry diffuser and breath the aroma as needed.
- Digestive issues- Mix 5 drops of tangerine oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage in a circular motion over lower abdomen after eating.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to the air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Immune support- Add to a bath blend according to the recipe below or air diffuse.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Black Pepper, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lime, Marjoram, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Peppermint, Sage, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Thyme, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Tangerine Oil
- Botanical Name: Citrus reticulata
- Origin: Spain
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Rind
- Aroma: Citrus, tangy, sweet
- Anti-fungal activity of tangerine
- Anti-microbial and antioxidant benefits of tangerine
- Citrus reticulata can improve symptoms of against anxiety and OCD
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Tangerine is a photosensitive oil, avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after application.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe, however, if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with tangerine oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.