Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil is well known for its welcoming, warm, spicy, and woodsy aroma. It is touted for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and cardiovascular benefits as well as many others, thus, making it an important power-house essential oil.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- If skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into joints.
- Antimicrobial- In a spray bottle, add 10 drops to 8 oz distilled water, and 8 oz vinegar. Shake and spray on surfaces. Leave for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
- Colds and flu- Add four drops to a diffuser to cleanse the air and open airways.
- Digestive issues- If skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage in circular strokes into the abdomen after eating.
- Insect repellant- If skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into skin.
- Menstrual issues- If skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into the abdomen in the days leading up to menstruation to promote regular flow and decrease cramping.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Cardamom, Cedarwood, Clove bud, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Peppermint, Pine needle, Rosemary, Sweet orange, Tea tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Cinnamon Bark Oil
- Botanical Name: cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Origin: Sri Lanka
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Inner bark
- Aroma: Spicy, warm
- Color: Pale yellow
- Cinnamon can irritate the skin. If applying to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 10 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Not recommended for women who are breastfeeding or pregnant. Keep out of reach of children.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
- Direct contact with cinnamon oil is dangerous to cats and dogs.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.