Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmeg is a warm, spicy seed that is commonly ground and used for flavoring. This essential oil promotes a great many health benefits, particularly in regards to male fertility, but should be consumed only under the direct care of an aromatherapist as it is very powerful.
Diffusing this essential oil promotes feelings of well-being and contentment.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Circulation- Add 8 drops to 1 oz of carrier oil. Massage into legs, feet, and hands or anywhere on the body with poor circulation.
- Digestion- Add 4 drops of nutmeg oil to 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Rub over lower abdomen post-meal.
- Dizziness- Combine 2 drops of nutmeg oil and about 2 tsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. Massage the blend into the back of your neck, temples, and/or forehead.
- Male fertility- According to research, this is improved when taken orally, however, nutmeg is toxic if taken in excess thus can only be condoned under the supervision of an aromatherapist or doctor.
- Muscle pain- Add 8 drops of nutmeg to 1 oz of carrier oil. Rub into aching muscles.
- Nausea- Combine 4 drops of nutmeg and 1 Tbsp carrier oil in the palm of your hand. Massage behind ears and around the navel. Repeat as needed.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cassia, Clary Sage, Cypress, Geranium, Lavender, Orange, Rosemary, Tea Tree
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Nutmeg Oil
- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Aroma: Herbal, spicy, woody
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear to light yellow
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Considered safe, however if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with nutmeg oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.