Wintergreen Essential Oil
Wintergreen Essential Oil, also commonly known as Tea Berry, has a pleasantly strong, sharp, and minty aroma. This essential oil is hailed for its anti-inflammatory and calming abilities for sore muscles and joints.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- Add 10 drops to 1 Tbsp. of carrier oil. Massage into joint areas to potentially slow progression.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to the air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Headache- Combine 2 tsp carrier oil and 3 drops wintergreen in the palm of your hand. Massage into the back of the neck and temples if tolerant.
- Insect Repellant- Combine 8 drops of wintergreen oil, 1 tsp carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water in a small, dark spray bottle. Mist over skin and clothing.
- Muscle aches- Add 5 drops to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into sore muscles.
- Nausea- Add 5 drops to 1 Tbsp of carrier oil. Massage into the area around the navel.
- Poison Ivy- Mix 1 tsp of carrier oil and 1/2 tsp wintergreen. Swab over the affected area.
- Respiratory issues- Add 10 drops to an air diffuser. Allow the machine to run to clean the air and open breathing pathways.
- Sprain- Combine 2 drops of wintergreen to 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Apply oil directly to the affected area. Add more wintergreen if the skin is tolerant.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil. Wintergreen is powerful so consider starting 1-2 drops per 1 Tbsp carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Black Pepper, Cypress, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Peppermint, Pine Needle, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Wintergreen Oil
- Botanical Name: Gaultheria procumbens
- Origin: Nepal
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Leaf
- Aroma: Mint, Sweet, Woody
- Consistency: Thin
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 10 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Not recommended if pregnant or nursing be you may consult a physician before use.
- If you have any medical conditions or recent surgeries, consult a physician before use
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with wintergreen oil is dangerous to cats and dogs.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.