Petitgrain Essential Oil
Petitgrain essential oil is derived from the leaves of the bitter orange tree. Its bright scent makes it wonderful for many applications, particularly healthy skin. It is also useful as a deodorant, anti-bacterial, and mood booster.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Anti-bacterial- In a small spray bottle, add 10 drops of oil to 4 oz distilled water. Spray any signs of mold in the home.
- Anti-fungal- Mix 3 drops of orange oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Apply daily over the affected area.
- Anxiety- Add 10 drops to an air or jewelry diffuser and breath the aroma as needed.
- Digestive issues- Mix 5 drops of orange oil with 1 Tbsp carrier oil. Massage in a circular motion over the lower abdomen after eating.
- Fatigue- Add 10 drops to air diffuser for increased perceived energy.
- Immune support- Add to a bath blend according to the recipe below or air diffuse.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Black Pepper, Carrot Seed, Cedarwood, Citronella, Clary Sage, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lime, Marjoram, Neroli, Nutmeg, Sweet Orange, Peppermint, Sage, Tangerine, Thyme, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Petitgrain Oil
- Botanical Name: Citrus bigaradia
- Origin: Italy
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Tree, leaves
- Aroma: Fresh, green, slightly floral
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take it internally.
- Considered safe, however, if pregnant or nursing you may consult a physician before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with petitgrain oil may be dangerous to cats.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.