Cassia Essential Oil
Cassia Essential Oil is well known for its welcoming, warm, spicy, and woodsy aroma. It is touted for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and cardiovascular benefits as well as many others, thus, making it an important power-house essential oil.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Arthritis- If the skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into joints.
- Antimicrobial- In a spray bottle, add 10 drops to 8 oz distilled water, and 8 oz vinegar. Shake and spray on surfaces. Leave for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
- Colds and flu- Add four drops to a diffuser to cleanse the air and open airways.
- Digestive issues- If the skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage in circular strokes into the abdomen after eating.
- Insect repellant- If the skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into skin.
- Menstrual issues- If the skin is not sensitive, add 1 drop to 1 Tbsp of preferred carrier oil. Massage into the abdomen in the days leading up to menstruation to promote regular flow and decrease cramping.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Usually 4 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops of essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz Epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Cardamom, Cedarwood, Clove bud, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Peppermint, Pine needle, Rosemary, Sweet orange, Tea Tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Cassia Oil
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum cassia
- Origin: China
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Bark
- Aroma: Spicy, warm
- Color: Pale yellow
- Cassia can irritate the skin. If applying to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 6 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
- Do not take internally unless working with a qualified practitioner.
- Not recommended for women who are breastfeeding or pregnant. Keep out of reach of children.
- Don't let the diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
- Direct contact with cassia oil is dangerous to cats and dogs.