Sweet Birch Essential Oil
10 mlNative to North America, the birch, or Betula lenta, is a beautiful tree with a useful and pleasant smelling essential oil. The oldest known birch of this kind has been confirmed to be an ancient 368 years old. The essential oil from this type of birch tree is very similar to wintergreen in both aroma, use, and topical safety. Diffuse this oil to invigorate your space or combine it with a carrier oil to effectively relieve aches and pains.
Practical Benefits and Uses
- Antiseptic- Combine 8 drops sweet birch oil, 2 oz distilled water, and 1 oz white vinegar in a small, dark spray bottle. Shake well before each use. Kill pathogens by spraying on affected area.
- Arthritis- Add 8 drops to 1 Tbsp. of carrier oil. Massage into joint areas to potentially slow progression.
- Eczema- If topically tolerated, add 2 drops of birch essential oil to 1 tsp coconut oil. Apply directly to the affected area.
- Insect Repellant- Combine 8 drops sweet birch oil, 1 tsp carrier oil, and 4 oz distilled water in a small, dark spray bottle. Mist over skin and clothing.
- Muscle aches- Add 5 drops of birch essential oil to 1 oz. of carrier oil. Massage into sore muscles.
- Ringworm- If topically tolerated, add 2 drops of birch essential oil to 1 tsp coconut oil. Apply directly to the affected area.
Can Be Used for
- Aromatherapy diffuser- Add 10 drops to a diffuser. Add complimentary oils if desired.
- In a bath- 5 drops essential oil, 1 Tbsp carrier oil, 4 oz epsom salts. Combine first, then add to running water.
- In massage oil blend- Always test on an insensitive area for skin sensitivity. Add essential oil to preferred carrier oil. Sweet birch is powerful so consider starting 1-2 drops per 1 Tbsp carrier oil.
Blends Well With
- Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cypress, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Orange, Peppermint, Pine Needle, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Thyme
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Sweet Birch Oil
- Botanical Name: Betula lenta
- Origin: Russia
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Bark
- Aroma: Camphoraceous, sharp, piney
- Eugenol, a component in birch, is an effective natural herbicide
- Betula species are effective anti-fungals
- If applying an essential oil to your skin, always perform a small patch test to an insensitive part of the body after you have properly diluted it with a preferred carrier oil.
- Do not apply topically to children under 10 years of age.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not take internally.
- Avoid if: you are allergic to aspirin, pregnant, have epilepsy, or are taking anticoagulants.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Direct contact with birch oil is dangerous to cats and dogs.
- Don't let diffuser run continuously. Always take breaks after 30-60 minutes of running time.
*The information on this page is for educational purposes only. The statements here have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.